Blake specialises in class actions, insurance law, equity and the law of corporations. Blake acts for insurers and insureds in relation to indemnity disputes and class action litigation (including third party claims).
Year of Admission to the NSW Bar: 2020
- Commissioner of Taxation v Bosanac (No 7)  FCA 249 (led by T Bagley) – equity, presumption of advancement, trusts
- Commissioner of Taxation v Bosanac  FCAFC 158 (led by J Hynes, T Bagley) – equity, presumption of advancement, trusts
- Hempenstall v Minister for Home Affairs  FCAFC 216 (led by T Bagley) – immigration, s501 character grounds
- Stack v AMP Financial Planning Pty Ltd  FCA 1839 (led by Martin SC, Bagley) – class actions, contradictor Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation
- The “Dick Smith” Class Action – Findlay; Mastoris v DSHE Holdings Pty Ltd – class actions, securities, acted for certain underwriters (led by Button QC, Fitzpatrick)
- The “Count” Class Action – R&N Hunter v Count Financial Limited – class actions, financial services, for applicant (led by Bagley and Martin SC)
- The “Victopia” Class Action – Koper v Zurich Insurance – class actions, insurance, technology and construction (led by P Braham SC)
- I have also appeared in a number of corporate oppression proceedings in the NSW Supreme Court and general equity claims in the NSW Supreme Court which are ongoing.