David D. Knoll AM
David D. Knoll AM is a barrister at 9 Selborne Chambers in Sydney, with a strong commitment to first-class service and to cost-effective dispute resolution, recognising that solicitors are responsible to their clients for the delivery of outcomes at reasonable cost. He was admitted to the Bar in 1998, having been admitted to practice as a solicitor in 1984.
His equity and commercial practice is principally in the NSW Supreme Court and in the Federal Court of Australia. He also appears in the District Court of NSW and the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
In January 2019, David was appointed editor of Strata Laws NSW, the premier legal service concerning strata and community title law in NSW, and was admitted as a Fellow of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers.
He presented two short papers as part of Nine Selborne Chambers’ 2020 Zoom CPD series. Download them here:
- Family Provision applicants don’t always win: the sorry tale of the unsuccessful cross dressing widower, 24 June 2020
- Strata schemes and insolvency, 22 July 2020
David also is Adjunct Associate Professor of Law at the University of NSW, where he teaches Commercial Law.
Year of Admission to the NSW Bar: 1998
- How not to transact with the elderly and frail, (2019) 93 ALJ 13
- Protecting Religious Freedom and Places of Worship - The example of the Eruv, Solidarity: The Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics (Volume 7, Issue 1 (2017) Religious Liberty)
- Accepting instructions from strata corporations, 52(3) Law Society Journal 36 (2014)
- A blot on Bolt, a commentary on Eatock v Bolt  FCA 1103, Bar Review (Dec. 2011)
- Greenfields could turn into quagmires, 44(8) Law Society Journal 47 (2006)
- Discovery before or after mediation?, Bar News 56-57 (Summer (2002/2003)
- Full Federal Court Upholds Rejection of Racial Hatred on the Internet - Case Note; Toben v Jones, 41(10) Law Society Journal 61 (2003)
- Assessing commercial losses in private trade practices litigation, 10 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 77-101 (August, 2002)
- Insuring against insolvency risk, 10 Insurance Law Journal 193-214 (August, 1999)